Who better to receive musical inspiration and advice than from the musicians themselves? Featuring Ruth Murry


Ruth Murry is an amazing talented aspiring singer from Dimapur Nagaland. She has been singing since 16.
Get to know more! 

 

What do you enjoy most about being a musician? 
 There’s so much that I enjoy being a musician but getting connected with new  people through music and just being myself while performing. 

what's your opinion about the modern musical age? 
Modern music is such a wide genre, I cannot give a simple yes/no answer to the entire field of modern music. But It's also about what's trending and what's to be promoted for the world to follow. I feel like today's music is also empowering and people pour out their heart and soul into their music.
What preparations do you make before your concerts? 
  Well firstly I try getting well versed with the lyrics of the song I'm to perform, then on the venue I check if my instruments are ready, and  just walk around a little more then other day's! Pray to God.
What qualities should a good singer posses? 
I’m really no one to talk about this but I feel and think it’s best just being yourself and keep learning. 
Since from how many years are you practicing singing? 
 I don’t really remember but I’d say since childhood I get used to singing in church and then joined the worship team when i was 16, eventually I fell in love with music and now I say this in my heart that “My weapon is a melody”.

Who is your 'ideal'?
With no other thoughts! My God beacuse he is. 
Have you had any memorable experience that you would like to share with us?
Back then during my days in Bangalore, I visited one of the orphanage during my weekend and we had so much fun singing and dancing and so as they wanted me to sing for them I got up to my feet and started singing the song “Oceans”. I saw a little girl trying to sing along with me with her eyes full of tears. She said, "she felt peace in her heart" and I was so touched looking at her. We shared a big hug after the song ended. I’ll never forget that very day.


What's your success mantra? 
 I go with -" Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6 5. 
 Would you like to give any message to your fans and upcoming artists?
 Just, “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."Ephesians 4:2:


"I believe in music the way that some people believe in fairytales."


To Check out Ruth Murry click on the link





“Be your own artist, and always be confident in what you’re doing.
If you’re not going to be confident, you might as well not be doing it.” – Aretha Franklin



Copyright © THUNG EZUNG 2020 All Right Reserved




 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lambre X Thung Ezung

Recipes by Keny Metha